Year-Round Course Summary
Students learn to read and write digits 0-9, develop understanding of quantity (more / less) and master the basics of single digit addition, subtraction, coins, clocks, shapes and story problems.
Prior to joining this course, students should be able to:
- Count from 1 to 20
- Count objects up to 10
- Recognize the digits 0 to 9
Course Content (Units are 4-6 weeks)
- Read and write numbers to 20, one-to-one correspondence, and more / less.
- Begin to understand addition and subtraction to 10 using number lines and ten-frames.
- Complements of 5 and 10 and more practice with addition and subtraction
- Skip counting by 2, 5, and 10. Beginning understanding of place value and numbers to 99.
- Recognize coins and their values. Basic addition and subtraction with money.
- Learn to read digital and analog clocks.
- Recognize 2D and 3D shapes and their basic properties.
- Standard and non-standard measurement.