Year-Round Course Summary
Students master operations with integers, exponents, and order of operations. Students learn to solve complex single variable equations along with graphing equations using a variety of techniques. Students also solve systems of equations and are introduced to Algebra 2 concepts like parent functions and radicals.
Prior to joining this course, students should be able to:
- Fluently work with integers
- Solve simple one-step equations
- Work with exponents
Course Content (Units are 4-6 weeks)
- Integers, exponents, absolute value
- Using visual models and patterns to create and solve equations
- Graphing equations written in a variety of forms.
- Solving systems of equations
- Polynomials plus exponential growth and decay
- Radicals and the quadratic equationUnit 9
- Parent functions and transformations